Meet Debra Jason,M.A.: Direct Response Copywriter, Speaker, Author and Multi-Faceted Marketing Mentor
When other writers have researched books on freelance writing and direct mail copy, they’ve turned to professional copywriter Debra Jason. She has been quoted in:
- The Complete Guide to Writing Web-Based Advertising Copy to Get the Sale by Vickie Taylor
- Second Lives: Becoming a Freelance Writer by Bill Harris
- Modern Media Writing by Rick Wilber & Randy Miller
- Smart Business Solutions: Direct Marketing & Customer Management by Douglas Gantenbein
- Copywriting Success by Darren Andrews
Debra has owned and operated The Write Direction since January 1, 1989. With more than 30 years of experience in the field of direct marketing, she has focused her writing efforts in this area. She has written both consumer and business-to-business promotional pieces that include: brochures, catalogs, direct mail packages, Web sites and more.
As a direct-response copywriter, she inspires you to communicate your message in a way that captivates and converts your prospects into loyal customers – even if you have been struggling with how to transform your ideas into words in the past.
Her clients range from local small businesses to large corporate clients — around the country (and, thanks to the Internet, even around the world). Debra has authored several articles, on the topic of writing and Web marketing, for national publications such as DirectmarketingIQ.com, Inside Direct Mail, DM News, iMarketing News and Direct Marketing magazine, international ones like Direkt Marketing in Germany, and regional ones like The Kaua’i Business Report, The Denver Business Journal, Advertising & Marketing ReView and the Boulder County Business Report. She has also done presentations for:
- Boulder & Kauai Chambers of Commerce
- Boulder Area REALTOR® Association
- Colorado Association of REALTORS®
- Interactive Strategies
- International Coaching Federation – Colorado Chapter
- The Leading Edge program
- Cahners Publishing
- Great-West Life Insurance
- Hanalei Colony Resort
- Kaua`i Board of REALTORS®
- Kaua`i Small Business Development Center
- Kaua`i Chamber of Commerce
- Kaua`i North Shore Business Council
- Meetings Industry Council of Colorado
- REALTOR® Association of Maui
- Rocky Mountain Direct Marketing Association
- Rotary Club of Kauai & Rotary Club of Hanalei
- South Metro Denver REALTOR® Association
- University of Phoenix Alumni Association
In addition, Debra has taught classes through the Office of Continuing Education and Training (OCET) at Kaua`i Community College (KCC) and through the Continuing Education Department at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Between 1997-2000 she taught a Continuing Education course entitled, “How to Write Successful Marketing Materials.” She also presented this same course in a full-day seminar format for the Professional Development Department at the University of Colorado at Denver. In 2011, KCC asked her to develop and present “Social Media, An Introduction” – a course for business professionals about the basics of blogging, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Debra has also presented her copywriting program through the Boulder Valley School District’s Lifelong Learning program. She has presented various sections of this course in seminar format to individual business professionals on Kaua’i, Hawaii as well as through the Kaua`i Small Business Development Center and the Kaua`i North Shore Business Council. As a result, she was also invited to speak with members of the Rotary Club of Kaua`i and the Rotary Club of Hanalei.
Want Debra to speak to your organization? Read about some of the programs she offers here.
In 2004, the Rocky Mountain Direct Marketing Association honored Ms. Jason with the Creative Person of the Year Award. She enjoys being involved in her business & local communities:
- 1998-’99 Past President of the Rocky Mountain Direct Marketing Association’s (RMDMA) Board of Directors.
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Boulder Chamber of Commerce from 1994-1997 (having first served as chairperson for the Small Business Committee, Businesswomen’s Leadership Group, etc.)
- 2009-2012 President of the Board of Directors for the Kaua`i North Shore Business Council.
- Member of the Board of Directors for Friends of the North Shore Library at Princeville, Kaua`i, HI.
- Also, served on the Public Relations Committee for the Kaua`i Chamber of Commerce; Education & Public Relations committees for the Kaua`i Board of Realtors; the 2005-2006 Chairperson for the Women in Business Roundtable on Kaua`i; and member of the Zonta Club of Hanalei between 2007-2009.
Debra received her Bachelor of Arts degree from The City University of New York at Queens College in 1975 and her Master of Arts degree from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 1977.
Is Your Marketing Message Suffering? Contact Debra Today.
Debra offers one-on-one & group trainings in copywriting, marketing and social media as well done-for-you copywriting services specializing in content for brochures, catalogs, direct mail packages, sales pages, Web sites and more.
If you’re seeking a dynamic speaker for your organization or event, Debra speaks on the topics of relationship marketing, copywriting, networking, and social media marketing. Call and ask about her copywriting and speaking services at (303) 443-1942 or simply complete and submit the form below if you’d like her to contact you about a project you’d like to discuss. Write “POSSIBLE PROJECT” in the Message area.