You hear the name Jim Carrey and you think comedy and laughter. And, while he delivers both in this commencement address at MUM (Maharishi University of Management), he also touches your heart with inspiration.
I hope you’ll take time to watch all 26:09 minutes of the video as you’ll be entertained and enchanted listening to the eloquent words of this comic genius. He shares how his father influenced him in his career as a comedian and helped him realize that the purpose of his life had always been to free people from concern.
Here are 10 inspiring quotes from Jim’s speech:
1. Fear is going to be a player in your life, but you get to decide how much.
2. You can fail at what you don’t want so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.
3. The effect you have on people is the most valuable currency there is.
4. Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world. Don’t let anything stand in the way of the light that shines through this form. Risk being seen in all of your glory.
5. I want you to relax, that’s my job. Relax and dream up a good life.
6. Let the Universe know what you want, work toward it while letting go of how it comes to pass. I’m the proof that you can ask the Universe for it!
7. Your job is not to figure out how it’s going to happen for you, but to open the door in your head and when the door opens in real life, just walk through it.
8. You’ll come up with your own style. That’s part of the fun so why not take a chance on faith as well?
9. Take a chance on faith . . . not hope, but faith. Hope is a beggar. Hope walks through the fire and faith leaps over it.
10. You will ever only have two choices – love and fear. Choose love and don’t ever let fear turn you against your playful heart.
Watch the video and see Jim reveal his larger-than-life painting and explain the story behind it.
“I’m here to plant a seed today, a seed that will inspire you to move forward in life with an enthusiastic hearts and a clear sense of wholeness. The question is, will that seed have a chance to take root or will I be sued by Monsanto and forced to use their seed?” – Jim Carrey
Are you letting your light shine? Are you taking the risk of being seen in all of your glory? After watching the video, please share your thoughts below because I’d love to hear from you.
Latest posts by Debra Jason (see all)
- A Little LinkedIn Tip That Packs A Powerful Punch – Update - April 20, 2017
- Six Tips To Keep The Heart Of Your Copy Beating - April 17, 2017
- Please tell me what to do: Remember your call-to-action - April 3, 2017