Most companies understand how important it is to be on social media. However, many underestimate the value of engagement.
If you are just posting content and rarely taking the time to truly interact with your current and potential followers, you may be missing opportunities to engage.
On the other hand, when you interact regularly with your target audience, you are building the relationships that can drive conversions and profits for your company.
Here Are 10 Strategies You Can Use to Increase Your Company’s Social Media Engagement
- Promote a variety of useful and relevant content (see types of high-quality content to post below).
- Create a “personality” and social media voice that comes off as human, rather than boring and dull. Use a conversational tone (use words like “we”, “our”). A little humor is always welcome.
- Be more “social” — engage with followers, respond to comments, ask questions, show interest in them (rather than just broadcasting your message).
- Tell stories that appeal to emotion and spark conversation.
- Share other people’s and your followers’ content with your audience.
- Engage with your followers’ by liking THEIR posts and leaving comments.
- Use relevant and trending hashtags.
- Actively follow/invite customers, prospects, and thought leaders to connect (Remember: It’s not just how many followers you have, but how many followers your followers have). Pay attention to the types of content they like and share.
- Utilize polls and surveys, and ask for feedback.
- Run contests and giveaways.