Attractionpreneur Terry Wildemann was my guest on the Marketing Blab on Jan. 28th. Feel free to watch the replay, but in the meantime, here are some of Terry’s awesome tips for creating connections when networking.
Networking is an art. When done well can turn your contacts into lifelong clients and referrals. Poor networking skills cost you time, energy, money and opportunity! Since first impressions are made within the first 5 seconds, and networking is a major key to business success, it’s critical to be self aware on how you are presenting yourself to people you meet.
Below are 6 tips to assist you in creating your networking success:
1. Choose events that your target audience attend. Time = $ and choosing the right events help you to stay focused and use your time wisely to grow your business.
2. Look in the mirror and ask yourself if your clothing and grooming truly represent the message you are sending. Well fitting clothes that are clean, pressed and flattering make a difference.
3. Your body language says a lot about you. What message does your handshake give? Does it feel strong and confident or weak and insecure?
4. Listen, listen, listen. Ask questions of the other person to learn about them.
5. Be clear on what you really do. Saying, “I’m a website designer” tells me nothing other than you are the same as all the other website designers out there. Saying something like, ” I assist small businesses in getting their professional message on the web” creates interest and invites additional questions.
6. Send “Nice to Meet You” notes to new people you meet. Unexpected and sets you apart.
These few tips can make a big difference to your networking success. Do you have a tip that works well for you? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below because I’d love to hear from you. Thanks a million!
About guest blogger Terry Wildemann: Terry works with leaders, executives and entrepreneurs to zap stress, shift chaos, and operate coherently to evolve into unstoppable intuitive leaders and business owners. Relationships and projects take on new life and grow, bursting seeds of creative innovation to move the company forward. She has earned the following designations: Professional Speaker and Trainer, International best selling author, Certified Executive Coach, Certified Co-Active Coach, Certified NLP Practitioner, Certified Law of Attraction Trainer, Licensed HeartMath Coach, Certified Professional Behavior Analyst, Business owner and entrepreneur for 40 years.
Latest posts by Debra Jason (see all)
- A Little LinkedIn Tip That Packs A Powerful Punch – Update - April 20, 2017
- Six Tips To Keep The Heart Of Your Copy Beating - April 17, 2017
- Please tell me what to do: Remember your call-to-action - April 3, 2017