I see a shift happening in the world of online marketing. A shift from content that hypes a product (or makes claims that can’t be substantiated) to a heart-centered approach that resonates with people in a kinder, gentler way.
Writing with heart, not hype, is a philosophy I’ve valued for a long time. I even stepped down from a project once when my client asked me to make promises that their product was not going to deliver. (A basic premise I teach in copywriting seminars is “don’t make promises you can’t keep because bad news travels fast!”)
So how do you write from the core of your being and communicate a message that speaks to your audience’s desires?
Here are 3 guidelines to follow:
1. Come from your heart. After all, what matters is what’s in your heart and who you are as a person. Share your message from a caring place. Be genuine in your message.
You can’t go wrong when you’re authentic and speak your truth. People want to work with those people that have the KLT Factor (Know, Like & Trust), people who show compassion and concern for the issues they face daily.
2. Think about your product, program or service and start from that place deep inside you that really wants to help others. You know you’re good at what you do, so own your brilliance, share it, and let your radiant light shine.
Focus on what you want to attract into your business. Take a moment, close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and visualize this. When you’re done, grab a pen & paper and start writing.
3. Be confident about who you are, what you have to offer and how you help people. Your attitude and your visible confidence are two qualities that attract people to you. When you’re confident about yourself – as well as the program or service you’re offering – that clarity comes across in your marketing message and people respond to it in a positive way.
Are you writing from the core of your being? Have a tip you’d like to share that would help others? I value your feedback so please express your thoughts down below. I’d love to hear from you. Thanks!
Latest posts by Debra Jason (see all)
- A Little LinkedIn Tip That Packs A Powerful Punch – Update - April 20, 2017
- Six Tips To Keep The Heart Of Your Copy Beating - April 17, 2017
- Please tell me what to do: Remember your call-to-action - April 3, 2017