Then, over the weekend I was fortunate to attend JVAlert Live in Denver. This 3-day event is the inspiration of Ken McArthur who brings together amazing and successful entrepreneurs to not only share their wisdom, but their hearts. Talk about inspiring others!
One woman who touched my heart deeply was Lori Ruff (in the photo on my left)
Known as “The LinkedIn Diva,” Lori gave a TED-style talk at JVAlertLive that silenced the room. You could hear a pin drop as the audience held onto her every word. Below you’ll find the video of this inspirational and deeply touching talk from a truly heart-centered entrepreneur. I hope you’ll take the time to watch it.
Here are 11 thought-provoking takeaways I got from what Lori shared:
1. “Dream a great dream – something that is new that’s never been dreamed before. Or, something that somebody has dreamed, but not had the courage to do themselves. If you can’t think of one, that’s OK. Let life happen. Just be.”
2. “Be there for your family. Be there for your friends. Be there for the people you love & care about and you’re going to have an AHA moment that’s going to say “This is what I want to do with the rest of my life.”
3. “…the feeling in our heart that brings us joy. It’s how people feel when they are w/us that makes the difference in the world.”
4. “The real power of each one of us is the fact that we are human.”
5. “It’s okay to be vulnerable. It’s okay to be real.”
6. “You don’t get courage & character and the ability to inspire people by sitting on the couch eating bon-bons wishing you can. You get up, take a stand for what you believe in, speak to what you’re passionate about. . .”
7. “If you have a hard time receiving a blessing, you are robbing someone from the gift they want to give you and the joy they could experience if you’d just say “yes.”
8. “Hugs are free. They are often reciprocated and can last as long as you want them too.”
9. “All hills look tall when you’re standing at the bottom, but when you find somebody who has reached the top, ask them for their insights ‘cause they can see it. Open yourself to the power of other people.”
10. “Go find failure fast and furious. It’s in those failures that you’re going to figure out what works. Sometimes something is painful and we see it as a failure, when in reality that’s were our greatest strength lies.”
11. “The thing that I wish for you, is that you will feel. It’s the feeling in our heart that brings us joy. . . It is how people feel when they are with us or they think of us that makes all the difference in the world. All this aside, make people feel and you will have what you need to achieve any dream you want to achieve.”
What are you feeling? Or what are you doing to inspire others and make them feel? Please share your thoughts in the comment section. I’d love to hear your thoughts from the heart. Thanks!
P.S. At the end of the video, when Lori asked us to close our eyes, I envisioned a small purple heart. After her talk I told her about my vision and she said “follow me.” She went over to her purse and pulled out a small glass purple heart. She’s holding it in the photo above. Coincidence?