There are lots of options for monetizing your blog. Here’s a list (in totally random order!) of 31 ways you can profit from your blog:
- Write reviews of products you’re an affiliate for (check clickbank.com or jvzoo.com for products that might be a good fit for your blog).
- Add a banner or promo to specific posts or your sidebar for an affiliate product
- Create a resources page where you link to affiliate products/services you recommend.
- Offer a free ebook that includes affiliate links.
- Create an ebook that’s for sale directly on your blog (check out www.e-junkie.com for an easy sales option).
- Create a physical product for sale (it’s simple with kunaki.com).
- Publish your own Kindle book.
- Publish your own print book (check out createspace.com).
- Sell ads directly on your blog (plugins like WP125 make it easier to manage).
- Sell banner ads through an ad network.
- Add Google AdSense to your blog.
- Recommend products with an Amazon affiliate link.
- Set up Kindle blog subscription as a paid option for your readers.
- Add a “Tip Jar” where readers can tip you as thank you if they like your content.
- On the “thanks for subscribing” page of your site, add an offer (could be an affiliate product or something of your own).
- Offer your time as “pick your brain” sessions – 30 minutes for $X – around whatever topic you blog about (everyone’s an expert at something!).
- Sell ads in your RSS footer or your ezine as you build your subscriber list.
- Include AdSense in your RSS feed.
- Setup contextual ads in your posts (check out Kontera.com).
- Create a monthly membership.
- Promote your existing business and attract clients.
- Promote yourself as a speaker for paid gigs or gigs where you can sell from the stage.
- Build an audience so you can land a book deal.
- Offer your services (web design, blog setup, ghostwriting or ghostblogging, etc).
- Get paid per post to write for other blogs (look at postjoint.com or sponsoredreviews.com).
- Get paid per post for sponsored posts on your own blog.
- Create a blog to sell or flip.
- Offer paid reviews to companies who sell products/services your readers would be interested in.
- Create premium content (available only for a subscription or fee to read).
- Create a podcast based on your blog and sell ad spots.
- Host your vlog videos on YouTube and join their monetization program.
And these are only SOME of the ways you can profit with your blog!
Bonus tip: If you don’t have your own business yet and are looking for ideas of how to bring in an income from home with your blog, go to www.fiverr.com and just browse to see what others are offering. While $5 at a time isn’t a big paycheck, Fiverr can be a great way to get started and generate leads on small services that turn into clients for bigger projects, it may also spark ideas for you that you haven’t thought of yet.
Ready to learn more about monetizing your blog and which of these strategies are the right fit for you and your blog? Check this out today: Discover Your Blog Money Path
Have your own tip for monetizing your blog? Please share it here because I’d love to hear from you. Thanks & here’s to your sweet success.
About guest blogger, Michelle Shaeffer: Michelle once wrote 42 blog posts in a day. She has mentored more than 5,000 bloggers through the Ultimate Blog Challenge and has published 900+ posts on her own blog. She has made just about every blogging mistake possible (and shares them) so you don’t have to.
Latest posts by Debra Jason (see all)
- A Little LinkedIn Tip That Packs A Powerful Punch – Update - April 20, 2017
- Six Tips To Keep The Heart Of Your Copy Beating - April 17, 2017
- Please tell me what to do: Remember your call-to-action - April 3, 2017