On different days, different names pop up and you might think “cool, I’ll invite those folks to “like” my page.” I know, I thought that way.
However, I noticed that even after hitting the “invite” button, the same peeps would appear in that box repeatedly. I started to worry that I’d be inviting them more than once without realizing it and I didn’t want to come across to them as being a “nudge.”
Today, thanks to Andrea Vahl (aka Grandma Mary – the slightly cranky Social Media Edutainer), I discovered that this “Invite Friends” box is better off ignored. I was glad to hear it as I have definitely found it to be kind of “wonky.” Therefore, I wasn’t all that shocked when Andrea suggested we steer clear and avoid using it as a means of inviting friends to “like” our pages.
I was pleasantly surprised when she showed me a new way to invite friends. It’s so easy that I couldn’t believe I didn’t know it was there. So, I’m happy to share this with you to make bringing your friends to the party easier as well.
Here are 5 simple steps to follow:
1. Log onto Facebook as your Personal Profile.
3. Once on your Fan Page, click on the “Build Audience” button.
5. Voila, another box will open up showing you your Facebook friends. Those friends who have already “liked” your Fan Page will be faded (i.e. greyed) out. Go ahead and check the others you want to invite and hit “submit.” Facebook will confirm that, “We’ve let your friends know about your page.”
Did you know about this nifty, easy-to-use Facebook tip? Post your thoughts in the comment section. And, if you have a simple Facebook tip to share, please do so as well. Thanks!
Latest posts by Debra Jason (see all)
- A Little LinkedIn Tip That Packs A Powerful Punch – Update - April 20, 2017
- Six Tips To Keep The Heart Of Your Copy Beating - April 17, 2017
- Please tell me what to do: Remember your call-to-action - April 3, 2017