This day offers you an opportunity to celebrate your own and others’ goodness. According to Sakyong Mipham’s Facebook page:
“All you have to do is know beyond doubt that you are good, that you possess inherent worth and value.”
“When you do, something extraordinary happens. You come into your power. Your confidence rises and your distrust lessens. Your world becomes full of possibility rather than hassles. You see that others also possess this goodness and your heart opens to them,” writes Sakyong Mipham.
Here are 6 ways you can celebrate this day:
1. If you are a parent, say or do something to affirm the goodness of your children and let them know they are worthy of love and kindness, no matter what.
2. If you are a boss, communicate this message to your employees.
3. If you are a coach, acknowledge your clients with gratitude. And, encourage them to pass the message along to their own clients.
4. If you’re a teacher, affirm this truth to your students and suggest that they do the same for their friends.
5. If you’re in a relationship, let your partner know what makes you smile when you see, hear, touch or think about him/her.
6. Blog about it.
“Such affirmations can come in the form of words, actions, or by simply thinking of another person and feeling kindness in your heart toward them, whether you speak it or not. Basic Goodness Day is about bringing out the natural tendency of your heart to open, express, and give. You can offer something to everyone you encounter on this day,” continues Sakyong Mipham.
Today, I will think of those I love who are no longer here with me and I will keep my heart open and express my love to those who are.
What will you do today to share your basic goodness? Please post your thoughts in the comment section below. I’d love to hear from you.
Latest posts by Debra Jason (see all)
- A Little LinkedIn Tip That Packs A Powerful Punch – Update - April 20, 2017
- Six Tips To Keep The Heart Of Your Copy Beating - April 17, 2017
- Please tell me what to do: Remember your call-to-action - April 3, 2017